Register your Faith Community
We would like as many faith communities to register with the Welcome Directory as quickly as possible.
We know that with a healthy network of welcoming faith communities
- People leaving prison will have a better chance of staying out due to the practical support they receive as they continue their faith journey
- Prison Chaplains will be able to respond positively about supportive communities in their home area to people they go to see people on their discharge visits
- Probation and other agencies can see where people they are responsible for can expect appropriate care and responsible support.
- Faith communities will see themselves as part of a growing movement for change that says to everyone in society - people leaving prison need welcome and we are here to give it.
If you can say yes to the four questions below then you can register your faith community
1. Does your faith group leader support your application to register?
2. Does someone in your faith community have experience of either
- prisons ministry, or
- of working with people leaving prison
3. Do you have an active safeguarding policy with a named lead?
4. Do you have someone in your community who will be a contact point or champion?
If you are unsure about any of the above or have answered 'no' to one or more question, then contact us so that we can help you [email protected]
© Copyright The Welcome Directory